The Sunset Trail Riders (STR) was established by a number of dedicated snowmobiling enthusiasts in the late 1980s. A few years later, the STR joined up with the provincial club, the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC).
Like every other venture, it has had it’s stumbling blocks. For the most part, many of these challenges have been overcome. To this day, the STR grooms hundreds of kilometres of trails in the Kenora region, reaching Westward to the Ontario/Manitoba border.
The Sunset Trail Riders is proud of our dedicated contingent of volunteers who, year after year, unselfishly donate their time and effort to make this trail system a reality. Without this dedicated group of local, non-local riders and volunteers, none of this would have been possible. Many area businesses including the City of Kenora, have assisted in the establishment of these trails.
The Sunset Trail Riders would like to invite one and all, fellow Ontarians, out of Province and out of Country riders to come and enjoy our trail system…
We Need Volunteers
Our success is directly related to the efforts of our Volunteers.
- Reimbursement of gas expenses for trail work
- For every hour worked, you will received 2 STR dollars towards STR purchases (90 hour max per year)
- Invitation to Volunteer Banquet at the end of the season
- Meet other people with same interests as you
- Trail work volunteers
- Club Photographer (all members please)
- Communicaiton Lead